Thursday, January 5, 2012

pressing on.

I saw a tweet yesterday that said something about how intimacy and discipline go hand in hand - basically those who are disciplined to seek God experience the intimacy of knowing Him.

I so want that.

Being disciplined typically is not a problem for me, as far as external actions go.  I struggle in plenty of other areas of my life - but having a daily quiet time just isn't one of them. That's the grace of God for sure. However, I often struggle with being disciplined in my heart. To seek the Lord earnestly and passionately and hardcore.  To read my Bible with hunger and longing, not just to read it to check it off.

That's something I really want to work on this year/for the rest of my life because I know I will need to.
He is so worthy of much more than just me showing up to do the same thing every day.
He is worthy of my heart being fully His, fully attentive, and deeply hungry for Him.

"...not that I have already obtained it, or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.  Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet, but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."
 Phil. 3:12-13


These berries have absolutely nothing to do with this post. At all.

No comments:

Post a Comment