Thursday, January 5, 2012

DIY Christmas presents

I tried to do as many homemade Christmas presents as possible this year.  While much more time-consuming than storebought presents, they are cheaper (generally) and, to me, more thoughtful and meaningful.


I made these little clutches for my married sisters...you can get follow the free tutorial here.






And this scarf was for my brother in law's girlfriend.  Serious modeling skills, huh?
True fact about this scarf - it was white, I tried to dye it charcoal/gray/black (I was hoping for a cool combo) and it turned out purple and navy blue because I didn't leave it in the dye long enough.  Not what I was envisioning, but I'll take it.


Brown paper packages tied up with string...these are a few of my favorite things!


Levi's "cousin-twin", Caleb, is affectionately called "Cub" by his big sister Caris.  Now pretty much all the rest of us call him that too.  So I made a cub for Cub.

If I did this over again, I probably wouldn't make his arms quite so lanky and outstretched.






No comments:

Post a Comment