Monday, February 13, 2012

5 months

Dear Levi,

I know I will say this probably every month (I think I already have), but I really can't believe you are this old already. I mean, 5 months sounds like an "older" baby to me, not a little newborn.  You aren't a newborn anymore.  You are an active, playful, sweet, responsive, loving little guy.  You grab my face and give me your version of kisses.  You hold my hand while I'm feeding you.  You get super hyper and funny at bedtime and it makes it hard for us to want to leave the room and turn off the lights.
You've been a little conjested and under the weather lately. Fevery, snotty, fussy and unable to get comfortable...and it really breaks my heart and makes me feel so helpless.  I have a feeling this is what it will be like when you skin your knee for the first time or get your feelings hurt by a friend or lose your baseball game.  I carry your hurts in my heart and wish I could make everything better. I know I won't always be able to.  You've changed my world and made everything so much sweeter and I couldn't love you more.  Thanks for making me a momma, you precious little guy.

I love you so much,

Your Momma


No comments:

Post a Comment