Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Daddy

I was just talking with a friend the other day about how thoroughly Jesus heals a heart...and yet, the scar always remains, tender and sensitive to every bump or scratch, able to resurface with at least a small hint of pain at any given time.  I don't believe this is because Jesus is incapable of taking it all away.  I think it's just because He has a purpose in it.
I bumped into some pain the other day.  And then this morning.  I miss my daddy differently in every season, but missing him as my son's Papa is a whole new thing.  It really hurts.
The Lord gave me this in my quiet time the other day.  I don't know if it's finished or not, but it was what I needed for this week.


So deeply etched in His hands am I
that no matter the burden, or how heavy the "why"
His loves washes over and covers the pain
and every loss in Jesus becomes a gain. 



Happy birthday, Daddy.  I sure do miss you today but I know I will see you again soon.  I love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment