Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas at the Whittinghills!


I wanted to post this the week of Christmas, but we all know how busy those 7 little days are.  Presents to finish sewing, presents to wrap, people to see, parties to go to...much too much fun to be had.  So even though it's two days past Christmas, my decorations are still up and I'm going to give a little tour of our festive home.  

I got this branch idea from the fabulous Christi Dillon who I'm pretty sure got the idea from Pinterest.  I'm probably going to keep it up all year round...with different accents for each season, of course. 



And this would be our lovely tree. It's fake, but with a few little Balsam and Cedar candles burning, you pretty much can't tell.


I made these at a Pinterest Craft party (doesn't that sound so fun? It was.) and next year I'll probably have a whole forest of them. All different sizes and textures. 


This is in our foyer.  I'm still on the lookout for the perfect entryway table, but for now, my brother-in-law's grandpa's antique trunk is working perfectly.


And this is our Whittinghill memory wreath, or something like that.  I can't figure out quite what I want to call it, but basically ever year we'll glue a few little objects onto it that represent the big things that happened that year. For instance, 2010- marriage, 2011- Levi, etc.



And our front door.  The wreath is from Hobby Lobby last year.


And this is our precious Nativity.  Someone gave it to us as a wedding present - isn't that such a great idea?  It's something we sure wouldn't have had money for, but I love it and am so glad to have one! The trees are from Walmart - I think about $4 on Christmas clearance last year. 


Thanks for stopping by our home :) Maybe next year I'll have my act together and post pictures before Christmas. 


No comments:

Post a Comment